Thursday, November 12, 2009

Change of Topic


I'm changing my topic to the History of Breweries in Baltimore. I want to broaden my topic and concentrate instead of just the breweries in what we know now as Brewers Hill, but the breweries of Baltimore's past. In my research at the Enoch Pratt Free Library, there has been over fifty four major breweries in Baltimore's history.

The earliest noted brewery in Baltimore was the E.D. & J.L Barnitz brewery. It was located in Hanover & Baltimore Street. Its date of operation was in 1748. The last major brewery in operation in Baltimore was the Carling-National/G. Heileman Brewery. The building was located in Conkling & Dillon Street. The last year of production was in 1984.1

It will be more research for me. However, it will be a great learning experience for me in my way of research, exploration and learning history first hand.

1. "Major Baltimore Breweries".Enoch Pratt free Library. Archives.
EPFL June 27, 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment